Jai Leal is an open water swimming enthusiast, kayaker and escort crew member who guided marathon swimmer Dave Barra 22 miles along the coast of Eleuthera in the Bahamas together with Clare Kelly-Barra, Scott Aland and Rachel Shapiro for 13 hours 41 minutes in March 2013.
He also helped guide Chloë McCardel to an unprecedented 124.4 km (77.3 mile), 41 hour 21 minute marathon swim from Lighthouse Beach on the southern tip of Eleuthera Island in the Bahamas to Nassau between 20-22 October 2014 that was completed under Marathon Swimmers Federation rules. Her swim was reason for McCardel to be nominated for the 2014 World Open Water Swimming Woman of the Year.
Chloë McCardel Support Crew
Her support crew included:
- escort pilots Ron Knight and Malcolm Goodman
- crew members Paul McQueeney and Ken Dixon
- shark safety crew of Andy Olday, Mackey Violich, Candice Brittain, Alp Gökgöz, and Beth McKenna
- kayakers Niles Furlong, Patrick Lamontagne, Liz Shingsby, Patty Lee, Allison Baldwin, and EMT Jai Leal
- Marathon Swimmers Federation observers David Barra and Brianne Yeates.
- Marathon Swimmers Federation Observer's Report
- Chloë McCardel Set To Make Record Attempt In Bahamas
- Whose Record Will Chloë McCardel Break?
- The Inherent Danger Of It All
- Chloë Cleared, Coaching To Continue
- 2014 World Open Water Swimming Woman Of The Year Nominees