noun - Split times or splits is the time taken to complete for a set distance within a race. Split times can be recorded through the use of transponders and an Open Water Gate or a traditional electronic timing system that is triggered when the swimmer touches a touch pad.
His split time for the first loop was 29 minutes. Her split for the first 100 meters of the ice kilometer was 1:32.1.
- How Times Have Changed From 1962 To The Present
- Who Governs Swimming?
- Ice Swimming Aqua Sphere World Championships Venue
- Omega Innovation, The Open Water Gate
- How Do You Measure Open Water Swims?
- Tools Of The Trade, Transponders
- Open Water Swimming website
- Marathon Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Pool vs. Open Water Swimming, A Different Intensity
- Split Times Taken At FINA World Championships
- Swimming Stars Start International Swimming League