Herbert Voigt, known as Mr. Shark Bait, disappeared on 15 March 1969 while attempting to swim to Rottnest Island across the Rottnest Channel between Cottesloe Beach and Rottnest Island off the coast of Western Australia near Perth. It is site of the annual Rottnest Channel Swim, a 19.7 km solo and relay swim.
- Firsts in the Rottnest Channel
- Mair, Olivia.(1999) In the swim.(Feature on Perth to Rottnest long distance swimming race, the GIO Australia Channel 9 Rottnest Channel Swim which began in 1991). Perth weekly, 17-23 Feb. 1999, p.12-13,
- Rottnest Channel Swim Association website
- Open Water Swimming
- Everyday Heroes Swimming Breast In The West
- What Are Swimmers Known As?