Hassan Abdel Rehim
(Redirected from Hassan Abdel Reim)
Open Water Swimming Career
- The Egyptian marathon swimmer successfully swam across the English Channel four times.
- On 29 August 1948, he crossed the 33.8 km English Channel from France to England in 17 hours 38 minutes.
- On 17 September 1949, he completed a 33.8 km crossing of the English Channel from England to France in 15 hours 58 minutes.
- On 22 August 1950, he crossed the 33.8 km crossing of the English Channel from France to England in 10 hours 50 minutes to win the first Daily Mail Race at the age of 41. He was a father of six children at the time.
- On 16 August 1951, he crossed the 33.8 km crossing of the English Channel from France to England in 12 hours 25 minutes, finishing third in the 1951 Daily Mail Race
- On 7 September 1949, he was a member of a record-setting relay across the English Channel on 7 September 1949, completing the relay crossing from England to France in 11 hours 11 minute on 7 September 1949, breaking the existing record of 12 hours 35 minutes set in 1935 by a French relay team. The members included Marie Hassan Hamad, Mohmod Mahamed Hassan, Omar Sabry, Ahmad El Zerkani, Aley Addine and Rehim.
1950 Daily Mail Race
1951 Daily Mail Race
- International Day of Older Persons and the Aging Demographics of Open Water Swimmers
- Top Swimmers On The Egyptian National Team Of The 1950s
- What Was The Most Impactful Open Water Swim In World History?
- World Record Progression Of English Channel Crossings
- The 1951 Daily Mail Race Across The English Channel
- Omar Sabry Looking Back Eight Decades
- English Channel world record progression
- English Channel Races Of The 1970s
- My Finest Hour Has Come
- International Marathon Swimming Hall Of Fame Origins
- World Professional Marathon Swimming Federation History
- International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame
- Open Water Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- WPMSF Led To IMSHOF
- World Professional Marathon Swimming Federation
- Marathon Swimming
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- Marathon Swimmers Federation bio
- Will You Still Be Swimming In The Year 2050?
- Mohamed Ahmed Marouf Joins Line Of Egyptian Great