Swimming Career Highlights
- He finished 19th 1500m freestyle at the 2017 FINA World Championships.
- On 6 December 2017, he broke the South American record in the 1500m freestyle in 14:59.01. It was the fourth time in 2017 that he broke the South American record of this race.
- At the 2018 South American Games in Cochabamba, he won the gold medal in the 400m and the silver medal at the 1500m freestyle.
- On 30 June 2018, participating in the Sette Colli Trophy in Rome, he broke the South American record in the 800m freestyle in 7:50.92.
- At the 2018 Pan Pacific Swimming Championships in Tokyo, Japan, he finished 4th in the 4×200m freestyle relay, 4th in the 800m freestyle, and 4th in the 1500m freestyle.
- At the 2019 FINA World Championships in Gwangju, South Korea, he finished 21st in the 800m freestyle and 25th in the 1500m freestyle.
- At the 2019 Pan American Games held in Lima, Peru, he won a gold medal in the 1500m freestyle in 15:09.93, the first time a Brazilian swimmer had won this event since Tetsuo Okamoto won it in 1951.
- In December 2019, he broke the South American record in the 400m freestyle in 3:46.57, in the 800m freestyle in 7:47.37, and in the 1500m freestyle in 14:55.49.
- On 23 December 2018, he competed in the King and Queen of the Sea in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- On 20 March 2021, he qualified for the 2021 Olympic 10K Marathon Swim qualification race to be held in Fukuoka, Japan on 30 May 2021 by winning the Brazilian national selection race in Reserva Santa Rita da Lagoa Azul in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.