Great Lake District Swim Challenge
The Great Lake District Swim Challenge is a series of 17 open water swims in the Lake District of the UK. The stage swim event that traverses over 214 miles in 17 lakes over 4 days offers a total of 16.1 km of open water swimming with the shortest swim of 500m and the longest swim of 2 km.
The Challenge is split into the east half and the west half of the Lake District. Swimmers cross the width, sometimes twice, of each of the lakes within the allotted time before moving onto the next lake by chartered mini-bus.
- Andrea Kelly of Head to the Hills (2 Compston Road, Ambleside, The Lake District. LA22 9D)
- Great Lake District Swim Challenge West: 8-9 August 2015
- Great Lake District Swim Challenge East: 5-6 September 2015
- Great Lake District Swim Challenge West: includes an optional acclimatisation swim in Keswick on Friday, swims in Wastwater and Ennerdale on Saturday morning, swims in Loweswater, Crummock and Buttermere on Saturday afternoon, swims in Derwent Water and Bassenthwaite on Sunday morning, and a final swim in Thirlmere on Sunday afternoon between 7-9 August.
- Great Lake District Swim Challenge East: includes an optional acclimatisation swim in Ambleside on Friday, swims in Windermere, Coniston, Esthwaite and Elter Water on Saturday morning, swims in Rydal and Grasmere on Saturday afternoon, swims in Brothers Water and Ullswater on Sunday morning, and a final swim in Haweswater on Sunday afternoon between 4-6 September.
- included in the challenge fee