Grand Cayman is the largest of the three Cayman Islands and the location of the nation's capital, George Town. In relation to the other two Cayman Islands, it is approximately 75 miles (121 km) southwest of Little Cayman and 90 miles (145 km) southwest of Cayman Brac. It is site of numerous open water swimming competitions including the annual Flowers Sea Swim.
Grand Cayman encompasses 76% of the country's entire land mass. The island is approximately 22 miles long with its widest point being 8 miles long. The elevation ranges from sea level at the beaches to 60 feet above sea level on the North Side's Mastic Trail.
Grand Cayman Island consists of six districts: Bodden Town, East End, George Town, North Side, Sister Islands, and West Bay.
Bodden Town - Founded in the 1700s, Bodden Town district is located on the south side of Grand Cayman Island. The village of Bodden Town was the original capital of the Cayman Islands. Its population is currently listed at 5,764. East End - The East End district is located at the east side of Grand Cayman Island and consists mostly of the Village of East End, numerous natural attractions, restaurants, and accommodations. Its population is currently listed at 1,371. George Town - The capital of the Cayman Islands and world-famous center for off-shore banking and investments, its population is currently listed at 20,676. North Side - Includes Kaibo, Rum Point, and Breakers. Its population is currently listed at 1,079. Sister Islands - The district consists of Cayman Brac and Little Cayman. Its population is currently listed at 1,937. West Bay - Has numerous tourist attractions including the Cayman Turtle Farm. Towns in the West Bay district include Seven Mile Beach, Hell and West Bay Village. Its population is currently listed at 8,243.
There are just under 600 banks and trust companies in the Grand Cayman, including 43 of the 50 largest banks in the world. Because of this large financial presence on the island, banking, investments, and insurance drive the economy in Grand Cayman.
Rum Point beach
There are fast food restaurants, night clubs and resorts on the western side of the island down to George Town. Because of its clubs, resorts, and hotels, Seven Mile Beach has the largest concentration of visitors and tourists on the island.
Water sports such as swimming, scuba diving and snorkeling are among the most popular activities on Grand Cayman as the island is known for its coral reefs and underwater sea walls along with a number of shipwrecks.
East End blow hole
As well, Grand Cayman Island also has a number of natural attractions: the blow holes in the East End district, the Mastic Trail that runs north to south through the center of the island, Hell in the West Bay, and the acclaimed Queen Elizabeth II Botanic Park, to name a few.  Infrastructure
Owen Roberts International Airport serves Grand Cayman with domestic and international flights. Cayman Airways has its headquarters on Grand Cayman.
- Oly In A Rush To Make A Difference
- What A Rush! Circumnavigating Cayman
- A Grand Adventure In Cayman Islands: Oliver Rush To Pioneer A Circumnavigation Swim Around Grand Cayman
- The Cayman Bogue Swim Supports the Central Caribbean Marine Institute
- New Path For Canadian Swimmers To The 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games
- Remembering Penny Palfrey’s Bridging The Cayman Islands On WOWSA Live
- Grand Cayman
- Swimming In The Wake Of Richard Weinberger
- Alex Meyer, Lexie Kelly Win Flowers Sea Swim
- Anup Itwar Working Wonders
- Open Water - It's A Small World On A Big Planet
- Open Water Swimming
- Marathon Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- The Colors Of Open Water Swimming
- A Bouquet Of Flowers In The Cayman Islands - 3 For 3 In June
- Olympic Fever In The Cayman Islands
- Joey Pedraza Edges Jordan Wilimovsky
- Elizabeth Berns Makes A Splish In The Cayman Islands
- Alexandra Mia Burke And Mother Complete Flowers Sea Swim
- Olympians Finish 1-2-3 In Flowers Sea Swim
- Lots Of Smiles And Sunshine In Flowers Sea Swim
- Sand, Sun And Sea In The Cayman Islands
- Peter Mackay Standing Out Among The Crowd
- Greatest Group Of Breaststrokers Doing Open Water
- Rebecca Soni Going Long In The Sea
- His Excellency The Governor Duncan Taylor Gives A High 5
- Scott Simmer Swims Swiftly
- Haley Anderson Preparing For Barcelona
- Zsofia Balazs Wins Flowers International 10k
- Joey Pedraza Barely Edges Jordan Wilimovsky Again
- Looking Up, Breathing And Enjoying Nature's Beauty
- The Joy Of The Swim
- Either Eyes Forward Or To The Side
- Most Difficult Swims In The World - Southern Hemisphere
- Most Difficult Swims In The World - Northern Hemisphere
- Marathon Swimmers Federation To Test Stinger Suits
- America's Very Difficult Open Water Swims
- 10 Difficult Short Open Water Swims
- Joe Rainero Completes First Kaibo To Camana Bay Swim
- Drone Delivery Service In The Open Water
- Unbelievably Gorgeous, Awe-Inspiring Open Water Places
- Win US$5000 And More In The Flowers Sea Swim
- Tokyo's Warm Water Continues To Lead To Changes