Garrett Martin is an American open water swimmer who completed the Portland Bridge Swim, a 10.7-mile (17.2 km) marathon swimming race in the Willamette River through Portland, Oregon and part of the Oregon Open Water Series.
Portland Bridge Swim
The Portland Bridge Swim course passes under all 11 bridges on the Willamette River within the city boundaries. Swimmers must complete a qualifying swim to enter, and are required to have a support kayaker (rentals available) to swim. It is one of the longest marathon swims in the world and was named as one of America's Top 100 Open Water Swims.
1. Emily Melina, 4:19:10 First Place, Women's No Wetsuit
2. Michelle Macy, 4:29:00
3. Ben Weston, 4:39:10 First Place, Men's No Wetsuit
4. Garrett Martin, 5:11:42
5. Joni Young, 5:13:04
6. John Ellis, 5:19:07 First Place, Men's Wetsuit
7. Cara Shrum, 5:26:47
8. Kelsey Bowen, 5:32:13
9. Mark Braun, 5:40:50
10. Mike Humphreys, 5:40:50
11. Suzanne Dods, 6:05:44
12. Bob Needham, 6:22:24
13. Bonnie Edwards, 6:26:02
14. Sethyn Bryan, 7:46:51, First Place, Women's No Wetsuit
- Portland Bridge Swim
- A Short List of Marathon Swims
- Ryan Bullock Wins Portland Bridge Swim
- Olympic Marathon Swims For Amateurs Of All Abilities
- Open Water Swimming
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame
- Marathon Swimming
- What Is A Marathon Swim?
- Do Marathon Runs Compare To Marathon Swims?
- Longest Marathon Swims In The World
- What is The Defined Distance Of A Marathon Swim?
- How Many Channel Swimmers Are There In The World?
- Bridges Under Untroubled Water, The Portland Bridge Swim
- Oregon Open Water Series Schedule
- Swim Under The Sparkling Sun, Portland Bridge Swim 3.0
- Top 25 Places And Events In Openwaterpedia
- The Magic Of Marisa, Passionate About Portland
- A Swimmer's Dozen, The Portland Bridge Swim
- Municipal Waterways Enable Urban Swimming
- Bridge Over Untroubled Waters, Hopefully In 2015
- Lucky 13 In 2015 Portland Bridge Swim
- Swimming And Scenery From Sea To Shining Sea