French Polynesia, an overseas collectivity of France, comprises more than 100 islands in the South Pacific, stretching for more than 2,000 km. Divided into the Austral, Gambier, Marquesas, Society and Tuamotu archipelagos, they are known for their coral-fringed lagoons and over-the-water bungalow hotels. Island features include white- and black-sand beaches, mountains, rugged backcountry and towering waterfalls.
Open Water Swimming
- Alex Kostich completed an unprecedented 25 km circumnavigation around Bora Bora on 6 December 2013.
- Jessica Evans won the 23 km circumnavigation swim around Bora Bora in 6 hours 59 minutes on 12 October 2019 organized by Samoa Events.
- Ned Denison Achieves The Circumnavigation Sevens Many Times Over
- Alex Kostich Talks About His Passions On WOWSA Live
- Around Around He Goes, Alex Kostich Does Bora Bora
- How To Measure A Circumnavigation Open Water Swim
- Volcano Swims Around The World
- Unprecedented Pitcairn - Alex Kostich's Circumnavigation
- Alex Kostich Is A Go For Pitcairn Circumnavigation
- Alex Kostich Pioneers A Swim Around Pitcairn Island