noun - Free swimming in swimming natural or man-made open bodies of water including oceans, lakes, rivers, bays and reservoirs, performed for pleasure, adventure or fitness at any time of the day or night. Open water races, competitions, camps, clinics, events, solo channel swims or marathon relays are not considered free swimming.
He swam in the 1 km pier-to-pier race and then did some free swimming outside of the jetty.
The Highest Swim
Madswimmers doing high-altitude swimming at 5909m (19,386 feet) in a frozen lake on Mt Tres Cruces, a volcano in the Andes Mountains along the Argentina - Chile border in South America with the water temperature between 0.5 - 2ºC (32.9ºF - 35.6ºC). Jean Craven, Herman van der Westhuizen and Chris Marthinusen completed the 5-minute neoprened wild swim while Evan Feldman and Milton Brest swam in wetsuits and Robert Graaff and Juandre Human were unable to partake in the final swim due to medical restraints after a 6-hour hike up the volcano and a laborious creating of the small area to swim through the 20 cm thick ice covering.
- How To Train For Open Water Swimming
- What Is Open Water Swimming?
- How Many Channel Swimmers Are There In The World?
- How Many Marathon Swimmers Are There In The World?
- Olympic Marathon Swims For Amateurs Of All Abilities
- List of Marathon Swims
- Open Water Swimming
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame
- Marathon Swimming
- What Is A Marathon Swim?
- Do Marathon Runs Compare To Marathon Swims?
- Longest Marathon Swims In The World
- What is The Defined Distance Of A Marathon Swim?
- Travessia 14 Bis Held Today
- Open Water Swimming Bucket Lists
- It Takes All Kinds Of Aquatic Athletes
- Swimming Before The Crack Of Dawn
- World Professional Marathon Swimming Federation
- I Got Stung
- 100 Things Every Open Water Swimmer Should Know
- What Is Expedition Swimming?