Open Water Swimming Highlights
- In 1997, McAlinden co-founded the Lurgan Masters and Open Water Swimming Club.
- McAlinden won in the 2017-2018 Global Swim Series in the male wetsuit division.
- McAlinden founded the Swim 4 Orán, a charity swim hosted by the Lurgan Masters and Open Water Swimming Club in conjunction with the Children's Heartbeat Trust in the memory of his grandson Orán Creaney.
- McAlinden won the 2019-2020 Global Swim Series Male Non-Wetsuit Division.
- McAlinden swam 11 hours 48 minutes from Oxford Island to Antrin Boat Club on 24 August 2020.
- McAlinden crossed Lough Neagh in Northern Ireland.
- David Burke Swims Across Lough Neagh
- 2019-2020 Global Swim Series Champions
- Global Swim Series Global Rankings
- Global Swim Series
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- The Race Around The World
- Michael Kenny Forges Into Global Swim Series Lead
- Colin Lindsay Is Global Swim Series Champion
- Francie McAlinden Is Global Swim Series Champion
- Megan Dodge Is Global Swim Series Champion
- Ciara Doran Is Global Swim Series Champion...Again
- Swim 4 Orán On Oxford Island