Fastest Six Continents Swim
Fastest Six Continents Swims
- Swim #1: South America: On August 13th 2018 from Pendales to Corales del Rosario National Park in Cartagena, Colombia. With observers Arik Thormahlen and Santiago Marin Piedrahita, and pilots Johnes Luis Pimentes Avila and Oscar Bedoya, Cartagena, Colombia, Monahan completed a 10.2 km swim in 5 hours 25 minutes 1 second in 30 - 32.7°C water.
- Swim #2: Oceana: On August 17th 2018 from Little Bay Beach to Bondi Beach in Sydney, Australia. With observer Vlad Mravec, pace swimmer Dean Summers, and kayaker Arik Thormahlen, Monahan completed a 10.5 km swim in 4 hours 11 minutes 12 seconds in 15°C water.
- Swim #3: Asia: On August 20th 2018 along the length of East Coast Park. With pilot-observer Kelvin Tan and kayaker Arik Thormahlen, Monahan completed a 10.5 km swim in 3 hours 27 minutes 13 seconds in 29°C water.
- Swim #4: Africa: On August 24th 2018 from Al'Mina Ash Sharqiyah Marina in Eastern Harbour to Beau Rivage Jetty in Alexandria, Egypt. With observer Ahmed Badawy, observer Adem Badawy, and kayaker Arik Thormahlen, Monahan completed a 10.5 km in 5 hours 21 minutes in 30°C water.
- Swim #5: Europe: On August 24th 2018 from Lausanne, Switzerland to Evian-les-Bains, France. With event organizer Tim Davies and kayaker Arik Thormahlen, Monahan completed the 13 km Geneva Classic in Lake Geneva in 4 hours 50 minutes in 20°C water.
- Swim #6: North America: On August 28th 2018 around Manhattan Island. With observer Janine Serell, escort boat pilot Sean Makofsky, and kayaker Arik Thormahlen, Monahan completed the 45.9 km circumnavigation swim around Manhattan Island starting and ending at Pier A in 9 hours 43 minutes.