Escape From Lewes Open Water Classic 5K Swim
Escape From Lewes Open Water Classic 5K Swim was a 5 km and 1-mile ocean swim with a ship-to-shore course in Lewes, Delaware, organized by DelMoSports where 1000 swimmers start from one boat and swim to the onshore finish. Participants are referred to as Escapers.
Escape to Lewes Open Water Classic
The event was renamed to the Escape to Lewes Open Water Classic in 2016 after its course distances were changed to 1 and 3 miles. The 3-mile event is a designated World Championship 3-mile event.
7 Reasons to Participate
- Escape The Cape and Escape From Lewes
- The starting line of race…it doesn’t get any better!
- Amazing Location
- Unique Event
- FLAT Open Water Swim
- Wetsuit and Non-Westsuit Categories
- 5 km and 1 mile swims to test all ability levels
- Junior, Masters, and Triathlon Club Categories
- Big Fat Finisher Medals
DelMoSports' other races include the following:
- 2nd Annual Challenge Atlantic City Triathlon Presented by Caesars in Atlantic City, NJ
- 3rd Annual Escape the Cape Triathlon in Cape May, NJ
- 5th Annual Atlantic City Triathlon in Atlantic City, NJ
- 12th Annual Tri the Wildwoods Triathlon in North Wildwood, NJ
- Stephen Del Monte, Founder/CEO/Family Man
- Kristy Thall (aka KT), Event Specialist/Registration Liaison/“Go to Gal”
- Ben Rotherham (aka Squirrel, Operations Coordinator
- Cheryl DeMesquita, Volunteer Coordinator
Escape From Lewes Open Water Classic is both a U.S. Masters Swimming and WOWSA sanctioned race.
27 September 2015
Cape May-Lewes Ferry Terminal in Lewes, Delaware. The Delaware Breakwater in the National Harbor of Refuge serves as the backdrop for the event.