noun - An escape or break is an open water swim from a prison island or an island that has or had a prison located on it to a nearby mainland or other point of land. It can be a solo swim or a tandem swim.
Examples of Prison Islands
- Changuu, Zanzibar
- San Simón island, Galicia, Spain
- Le Château d’If, southeastern France
- Fort Boyard, Pertuis d'Antioche in western France
- Devil's Island, French Guiana in South America
- Île de Gorée, Senegal
- Robben Island, Cape Town, South Africa
- Alcatraz Island, San Francisco Bay, California, U.S.A.
- Spike Island (Irish: Inis Píc), Cobh Harbour, Ireland
- Rottnest Island, west of Perth, Western Australia
- Sainte-Marguerite, France
- Île du Levant, France
- Niijima, Japan
- Swimmers To Fight Nature In Batalla De Rande
- Tanzania's Changuu Added To The Prison Island Swims
- Triple Break - Global List Of Prison Island Swims
- Theodore Yach, Successful In His Element
- Open Water Swimming And Surfing At The Olympics?
- Swimming To Freedom, Triple Break Gone Global
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming