Erin Black is an All-American pool and open water swimmer from Florida. She was the overall female winner in the 3 km open water swimming race at the 2013 Pan American Masters Championships in Sarasota, Florida.
As a junior in Nova Southeastern University in Florida, Black was honored as an All-American in the 500-freestyle while being crowned the national individual title in the event, 1000-free,1650-free, and 800-free relay. She was awarded with the All-American Honorable Mention in the 200-free and 400-free relay and received First Team All-SSC and was named SSC Swimmer of the Year for the 2011-2012 season. In the women’s 200-yard freestyle Black reached fifth with a time of (1:56.90). Black posted a NCAA B-qualifying time of 5:10.99.
In the 1000-yard freestyle she further displayed her dominance as she blew by the B-cut time by over six seconds, clocking in, and winning, with a time of 10:35.19. She swam in the 500-yard free and recorded a B-cut qualifying time of 5:07.91 which put her in first by 10 seconds at Tampa.
Open Water Swimming
She won the Miami Mile at the Swim Miami event on 6 April 2013.
- Erin Black, Swimmer
- The Eyes Have It...And So Does Swim Miami
- Swim Miami presented by Nike website
- WOWSA, What A Day At Swim Miami
- America's Top 50 Open Water Swims
- Swim Gym Aquatics website
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Marathon Swimming
- Open Water Swimming
- Pan American Masters Swimming Championships 2013
- Pan American Masters Off The Coast Of Sarasota