Eric Blakeley MBE is a channel swimmer, a mountaineer, an adventurer, a television journalist for Channel Television, and a resident of Jersey. He was the second person in history to complete the Peak and Pond.
Extreme Sports Highlights
- He summited Mount Everest in May 1997.
- On 3 September 2000, he completed a 66 km Round Jersey circumnavigation swim in Jersey in 12 hours 51 minutes 13 seconds at the age of 35.
- On 23 June 2001, he finished 27th in the 45.8 km Manhattan Island Marathon Swim in New York City in 9 hours 48 minutes 9 seconds at the age of 36.
- On 24 August 2003, he completed a 33.8 km crossing of the English Channel from England to France in 20 hours 30 minutes at the age of 38. He was the second individual in history to complete the Peak and Pond.
- He was the first man to complete the Seven Summits and the English Channel.
- On 28 March 2016, he completed a 14.4 km crossing of the Strait of Gibraltar from Spain to Morocco in 6 hours 50 minutes at the age of 51 to complete two Oceans Seven channels.
- In 1997, he was awarded the Churchill Award for Courage by the State of Jersey, for his climb of Mount Everest.
- In 2004, he received an MBE for services to mountaineering, sport and charity.
- Greg Johnson Completes The Peak And Pond
- Hugo Rodriguez Barroso To Appear On WOWSA Live
- NYC Swim bio
- Eric Blakeley, A Man Of Incredible Depth
- Mt. Everest - The English Channel of Climbing
- Peaks And Ponds - Dryland And Open Water Endurance
- Peak And Pond People
- Allan McLeland Achieves Peak And Pond Challenge
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Three's A Charm For Professor Patrick McKnight
- Open Water Swimming
- Marathon Swimming
- Sally Anne Minty-Gravett, M.B.E. Receives Churchill Award
- Jason Snell Achieves The Peak And Pond Challenge
- Marathon Swimmers Federation bio