Emily Melina won the 2011 Portland Bridge Swim, an 11-mile race through Portland, Oregon pioneered by Marisa Frieder. 2011 was the first year that the race was held after Frieder's solo marathon swim in 2010.
Portland Bridge Swim
The course passing under all 11 bridges on the Willamette River within the city boundaries. The first half of the Portland Bridge Swim course runs through a park-like setting and passes through downtown Portland. The bridges are close together and enticed the swimmers to carry on. The second half of the course is tougher, running through an industrial area with just two bridges in the distance that presents a psychological challenge for the swimmers.
The course is approximately 11 miles (17 km) with the current.
- Portland Bridge Swim
- Bridges Under Untroubled Water, The Portland Bridge Swim
- Bridge Over Untroubled Waters, Hopefully In 2015
- A Short List of Marathon Swims
- Open Water Swimming
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Lucky 13 In 2015 Portland Bridge Swim
- Swim Under Bridges Of Untroubled Waters
- 2018 U.S. Masters Swimming Open Water National Champs