Dr. Derek Yach
Dr. Derek Yach is a South African open water swimmer.
Open Water Swimming Career
- Yach crossed the English Channel in 1987 in 9 hours 48 minutes.
- Yach swam for Western Province at the South African Nationals in 1972
- Yach completed a 1-mile in 26 minutes 38 seconds at the 2014 the Cold Water Classic is both a 1.2 km ocean swim on Mona Vale Beach NSF in Sydney, Australia.
- His father was Solly Yach and his younger brother is Theodore Yach, two renowned swimmers from South Africa.
- Yach competed in the 1990 36 km Maratona del Golfo Capri-Napoli professional marathon swim in Italy.