- Green was the 2013 recipient of the Kerry O'Brien Coaches Award given by the U.S. Masters Swimming Coaches Committee to honor the Walnut Creek Masters (California) coach who embodies the passion, dedication, and heart that these coaches bring to the pool deck.
- Green created and operates the Ultimate Performance Swim Studio.
- Green has coached the South Coast Masters Swimming in Southern California since 2007. In 2007, he founded South Coast Masters Swimming beginning with 13 swimmers, South Coast Masters steadily grew to nearly 200 year-round members. South Coast masters conducts 16 weekly workouts and has a staff of 10 coaches.
- Green is also the head swim coach for three Conejo Valley triathlon teams.
- Green is an active member of United States Masters Swimming, Southern Pacific Masters Swimming, USA Swimming and American Swim Coaches Association.
- Green is a USMS/ASCA certified Level lll Masters Swim Coach, a USMS Level l and ll certified masters coaching instructor and ASCA Level lll certified coach. He is also Red Cross Certified in AED, CPR, and First Aide.
- He received the 2013 Kerry O’Brien Coaches Award, an annual award given by U.S. Masters Swimming, named to honor the Walnut Creek Masters (Pacific) coach who embodies the passion, dedication, and heart that USMS coaches bring to the pool deck and open water.
Green began competitive swimming in the mid 60’s at the age of six. He was a nationally ranked age group swimmer until he started playing other sports in junior and senior high school. He returned to swimming while in junior college, where I achieved multiple Junior College All-American rankings at Long Beach City College; Long Beach, California.
After a 26 year break, Green began masters swimming and competition in 1999. Within two years, he’d achieved multiple USMS rankings and attained one USMS All-American and one FINA World's Fastest ranking in 2000 in the Men’s 45-49 age group, 200 meter freestyle. He also achieved many other top ten rankings within USMS and FINA Masters Swimming through 2004.
Several major injuries and resulting surgeries ended his competitive swimming career that led him to embrace the sport he passionately loves by coaching.
- Green is a swim technique specialist and has given over 8,000 private lessons with hundreds of triathletes, water polo players, competitive club, adult beginners and masters swimmers.
- Green operates a swim video production business. In the past 4 years, he has produced over 400 individual swim videos, which include extensive voice over analysis, identification of stroke positives and aspects to be improved upon.