Diego Suárez capture co-directed RIO, a documentary film about 60-year-old Anthony McCarley's completion of the 36 km Travessia do Leme ao Pontal between Leme Beach to Pontal in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil in 15 hours 33 hours on 5 November 2019 and his 39.7 km crossing attempt of Río de la Plata between Argentina and Uruguay. The film was produced by Lafabrica Films and Biosfera Films and co-directed by Pablo Perez Fiedler.
RIO Review by WOWSA
A great film, a must see. Watching a 60-year-old man swim non-stop for hours on end has never been more dramatic or profound. Lucas Rivet produced a sensational hit with his 33-minute documentary film RIO. Cameras above, below and on escort boats boats directed by Pablo Perez Fiedler and Diego Suárez capture Anthony McCarley at his strongest and at his most vulnerable during the 36 km Travessia do Leme ao Pontal and the 39.7 km crossing attempt of Río de la Plata between Argentina and Uruguay. With music and sound effects that pulsate throughout the film, McCarley shares his philosophical well-earned wisdom in a touching one-on-one relationship with the viewer. As the film fluctuates rhythmically between success and failure, teamwork and solitude, joy and fear, sunrise and sunset, McCarley constantly dispenses valuable life advice based on his own experiences and uncommon adventures in the oceans and rivers of the world. Rivet has spun inspirational messages that come from the heart of a modern-day hero. His camerawork fills the screen with immensely powerful images that showcase the strength of a humble adventurer. See it, RIO.
- RIO...A Great Film, A Must See
- Why Am I So Afraid? Anthony McCarley Took The Risk
- Lafabrica Films
- Swim Leme to Pontal Swimming Association
- Biosfera Films
- Anthony McCarley Does Travessia do Leme ao Pontal
- Core Strength Is Key In Marathon Swimming
- Anthony McCarley Deals With Reality On WOWSA Live
- Anthony McCarley Talks About Giving Back On WOWSA Live
- Fastest Times Of The Grand Slam Of Open Water Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming