Deborah Vine (born 1956) is a 66-year-old open water swimmer from Epsom in Banstead, Surrey, UK.
Open Water Swimming Highlights
- She is certified as an IISA Official Observer L1 as of 1 March 2022.
- On 26 April 2019, she completed a 14.4 km tandem swim across the Strait of Gibraltar together with Sally Minty-Gravett, MBE and Douglas Comstock in 5 hours 40 minutes.
- On 6 February 2020, she won the 60-64 age group at the International Winter Swimming Association world championships in the 200m freestyle event in 3:28.45 in Lake Bled, Slovenia.
- She participated in a 33.5 km English Channel relay in 2015, 2016 and 2017.
- She participated in a Round Jersey relay in 2015, 2016 and 2017.
- She completed a solo swim across Lake Windermere, UK in 2016.
- She completed a 14.4 km crossing of the Straits of Gibraltar in 2019.
- She completed 7.4 km crossings from Robben Island in South Africa in 2018 and 2019.
- She serves as an English Channel observer for the Channel Swimming Association and the Channel Swimming & Piloting Federation.
- On 16 November 2019, she completed a 1697m swim in Bray Lake, Windsor, UK in 7.50°C water and 0.00°C air temperatures in 41 minutes 43 seconds.