Dave Smith is a mechanical engineer and an American pool and open water swimmer from Point Loma, California.
Open Water Swimming Highlights
- On 26 April 2009, he completed a 7.4 km crossing from Robben Island to Blouberg in Cape Town, South Africa in 2 hours 12 minutes.
- On 7 July 2010, he completed a 32.3 km crossing of the Catalina Channel from Santa Catalina Island to the Southern California mainland in 9 hours 22 minutes 24 seconds.
- On 18 June 2011, he finished 9th in the 45.9 km Manhattan Island Marathon Swim in New York in 8 hours 3 minutes 45 seconds at the age of 45.
- On 23 August 2012, he completed a 33.8 km crossing of the English Channel from England to France in 10 hours 52 minutes.
- On 9 May 2014, he finished 3rd in the 22.8 km Apache Lake crossing at the SCAR Swim Challenge in Arizona in 7 hours 2 minutes 6 seconds.
- On 10 May 2014, he finished 4th in the 10 km crossing of Roosevelt Lake at the SCAR Swim Challenge in Arizona in 3 hours 6 minutes 17 seconds.
- He become the 62nd member of the Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming.
- Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming
- Manhattan Island Marathon Swim
- NYC Swim bio
- Dave Smith Joins The Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming
- Triple Crowners Showcase Their Fountain Of Youth - Age of Triple Crowners
- Antecedent Attempts At Anacapa
- California Channel Island Swimming History 1926 to 1978
- Santa Barbara Channel Swimming Association
- Marathon Swimmers Federation bio