David Salo, Ph.D. one of the world’s top club swimming coaches for more than 15 years and is the head coach for University of Southern California’s men’s and women’s swimming teams and the Trojan Swim Club.
Salo has coached Olympic medalists such as former Trojans Lenny Krayzelburg and Gabe Woodward, Aaron Peirsol, Amada Beard, Staciana Stitts, Colleen Lanne and Jason Lezak and Ous Mellouli, comes to USC after serving as head coach of the Irvine Novaquatics from 1990 to 2006.
Salo guided the Novas to numerous Junior National and U.S. National team titles as well as several age group championships. He was tabbed 2002 U.S. Swimming Coach of the Year after leading the Novas to U.S. Spring and Summer national titles and is a 2012 USA Olympic Swim Team coach. He has also coached world-class open water swimmers like 2012 Olympic 10K Marathon Swim silver medalist Haley Anderson and gold medalist Oussama Mellouli.
- USC bio
- Dr Dave Salo
- Three Is A Charm For Catherine Kase
- Coaches Of The Olympic Marathon Swimmers Men
- Coaches Of The Olympic Marathon Swimming Women
- Olympic 10km Marathon Swim Summary and Predictions
- He's Baaaackkkkk. The World Versus Ous
- Catherine Vogt, A Unique Blend Of Coaching Excellence
- Haley Anderson Is Going Home
- Mateusz Sawrymowicz Unseen And Unlikely Upset In Tiburon
- 2013 World Open Water Swimming Performance of the Year Nominees
- NCAA Agrees Triathlon Is Emerging
- Pool Swimming Coaches Transform Open Water Landscape
- Swim With Mike, 36 Years Of Helping Others
- Marathon Swimming
- Open Water Swimming
- Olympic 10K Marathon Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- The California Open Water Swimming Oasis
- Crossing Over From Pool To Open Water In Castaic Lake