Daniel Takata Gomes is a statistician, professor, columnist and reporter of swimming. Takata also writes regularly for the SWIM Channel, the recipient of the 2012 World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year, and will serve as the pool and open water swimming commentator at the 2016 Rio Olympic Games for Globo TV/SporTV.
FINA Aquatics World Magazine
- 2011: The FINA recognition was for his reporting of the 2011 FINA World Championships in Shanghai called The Greatest Show On Earth
- 2012: The FINA recognition was for his reporting of the 2012 Olympic 10K Marathon Swim at the 2012 London Olympic Games called The Magic 25.
- 2013: The FINA recognition was for his imaginary story of Johnny Weissmuller called The Return of the King.
Takata works with Patrick Winkler and Guilherme Freitas on the Swim Channel. Swim Channel has a huge Facebook audience. They broadcast on radio every day and archive the programs on Sound Cloud. 365 days a year Winkler provides insightful commentary on swimming and swimmers. They also have a wildly successful blog and their signature media platform, the colorful magazine, the Swim Channel, was deservedly the 2012 World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year.
- FINA Aquatics World Magazine
- SWIM Channel Magazine
- Daniel Takata Wins Second Consecutive FINA Title With 10K
- Swim Channel, Swimming's Media Mogulists
- Swim Channel Facebook page
- Swim Channel radio archives on Sound Cloud
- Swim Channel blog
- Daniel Takata Gomes Goes 3 For 3 With FINA
- Patrick Winkler Explains His Open Water Network
- Daniel Takata To Be Olympic Swimming Commentator
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Celebrating The Career Of Poliana Okimoto