Daniel James O'Connor (born 2 February 1992) is an American distance freestyler and open water swimmer. He won the Fran Crippen Sunset Mile over the 2012 Open Water Festival weekend in Miromar Lakes, Fort Myers, Florida and placed third in the 2012 USA Swimming National Open Water Swimming Championship 5 km race in Fort Myers, Florida.
The sophomore from the University of North Carolina is a native of Syracuse, New York who trains with the Mission Viejo Nadadores.
Career Best Times
- 1:41.66 in 200 freestyle
- 4:23.62 in 500 freestyle
- 9:03.32 in 1000 freestyle (3rd in University of North Carolina history)
- 14:56.93 in 1650 freestyle (3rd in school history)
- 1:53.09 in 200 individual medley
- 3:56.55 in 400 individual medley
O'Connor was an honorable mention All-America as a freshman in 2010-11 and ACC Freshman of the Year in 2010-11. He took 13th place in the 2011 10-kilometer USA Swimming National Open Water Swimming Championships and placed 16th in the 2011 ConocoPhillips National Championships in the 1500-meter freestyle (15:35.05).
- Dan O'Connor on Twitter
- Dan O'Connor bio
- Dan O'Connor Wins Crippen Sunset Mile
- Open Water Swimming website
- 2012 USA Swimming National Open Water Swimming Championships
- Marathon Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Dan O'Connor Escapes The Judge To Go Open Water
- Dan O'Connor Radiating Heat
- Running Start, Fast Finish At Seal Beach Rough Water Swim
- Jan Daniec Edges Out Dan O'Connor In Seal Beach
- Mirror Mirror On The Wall, Who's The Fastest Of Us All?