Open Water Swimming Career Highlights
- On 25 June 2013, he completed the Neda el Món, 22.3 km Illes Formigues - Illes Medes from Medes to Formigues Islands in Catalonia, Spain.
- On 20 October 2013, he crossed the Strait of Gibraltar, 14.4 km from Spain to Morocco in 7 hours 9 minutes.
- On 20 August 2014, he crossed the English Channel, 33.5 km from England to France in 14 hours 43 minutes.
- On 15 October 2015, he crossed the Catalina Channel, 32.3 km between Santa Catalina Island and the Southern California mainland in 14 hours 8 minutes 45 seconds.
- On 7 August 2016, he completed the 26.4 km Sri Chinmoy Marathon Swim Rapperswil-Zurich in Lake Zurich, Switzerland in 10 hours 22 minutes.
- On 1 October 2016, he finished fifth in the 20 Bridges Manhattan Island Swim, 45.8 km around Manhattan Island in 8 hours 11 minutes 41 seconds.
- On 13 August 2017, he crossed the English Channel, 33.5 km from England to France in 19 hours 38 minutes.
- He was the first individual in the world to complete the Chorizo Four.
- He was the first individual in the world to complete the Iberian Peppery Pig Six.
- He completed the Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming on 1 October 2016 with a circumnavigation swim around Manhattan Island at the 20 Bridges Swim.
- He was a member of the Cold Turkey, a six-person relay that crossed the English Channel on 2 December 2017 in 13 hours 18 minutes in 9°C water and 6°C air with Deirdre Ward, Boris Mavra, Kevin Blick, Mark Johanssen, and Rob Ouldcott, all members of the Serpentine Swim Club and escorted by Sea Satin.
20 Bridges Results on 1 October 2016
1 Dan Canta 7:55:52 (Romania/Australia)
2 Devon Clifford 8:03:10 (Mamaroneck, New York)
3 Maureen Montgomery 8:04:11 (Clearwater, Florida)
4 James Loreto 8:09:44 (Bethesda, Maryland)
5 Daniel Martinez Lobo 8:11:41 (London, United Kingdom)
6 Jaimie Monahan 8:13:20 (New York, New York)
7 Arlene Gonzalez 8:16:18 (Mexico)
8 Caroline Block 8:48:19 (Baltimore, Maryland)
- Vermont Open Water Swimming Hall of Fame on WOWSA Live
- First Swimmer To Achieve The Chorizo Four
- Dani Reigns In Spain
- Daniel Martinez Lobo Completes Catalina And Chorizo Four
- Martin Cullen, Father Of Cork Marathon Swimming
- Lisa Cummins, Irish Luminary In The Open Water
- Eilís Burns, Irish Luminary In The Open Water
- Deirdre Ward, Irish Luminary In The Open Water
- Kieran Fitzgerald, Godfather Of Irish Channel Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Marathon Swimming
- Irish Long Distance Swimming Association Official Website
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming
- Daniel Martinez Lobo Completes The Triple Crown
- Marathon Swimmers Federation bio
- After Chorizo Four, Dani Lobo Does Iberian Peppery Pig Six
- The Winter Serious
- 6 Degrees Of Separation In The English Channel