Dan Schemmel is the head coach at the University of Hawai‘i men's and women's swimming and diving program.
- Schemmel earned 2016-17 MPSF Women’s Swimming Coach of the Year honors, leading the Rainbow Wahine to their first conference championship in since 2015 by winning the 2017 MPSF Championship.
- Schemmel also coached the men to a third place finish at the 2017 MPSF Championships.
- Schemmel spent 5 seasons at the assistant coach at the University of Wisconsin. At Wisconsin, Schemmel helped guide both the men’s and women’s teams to success on the conference and national levels.
- Schemmel spent one year as an assistant coach at his alma mater Michigan State.
- Schemmel spent three seasons at the University of Arizona as a volunteer assistant, where he worked with 28 All-Americans and 12 Olympians.
- Schemmel attended MSU where he spent time as a student-athlete, student manager, and student assistant coach with the swim program.
- 2016-17 MPSF Women’s Swimming Coach of the Year
- 2016-17 MPSF Women’s Swimming & Diving Champions