Damien Schumann, also known as Skollie, is the photographer and social media contact for The Mad Swim, a stage swim and charity event. Schumann was recognized Schumann as one of the most influential youths in South Africa by the Mail & Guardian newspaper in 2011. He has also been an artist in residence in Brazil, awarded a National Arts Grant and was nominated for Ikusasa’s Artist of the Year 2012.
The Mad Swim
The Mad Swim was a 458 km crossing by Thane Guy Williams and Jonno Proudfoot, a pair of South African open water swimmers, across the Mozambique Channel from Mozambique to Madagascar between 28 February to 24 March 2014 with David de Villiers as the escort pilot and Dr. Daphne Lyell as the team physician.
- Cape Town Masters Swimming Club
- Vineyard Swimming Club
- Miles Of Smiles From Mozambique To Madagascar
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Marathon Swimming
- Miles For Smiles
- The Mad Swim Facebook page
- Swimming Where No Man Has Swum Before
- It Was A Mad, Mad Swim Across The Mozambique Channel