Daily News of Open Water Swimming
noun - The Daily News of Open Water Swimming is an online publication started in 2007 by Steven Munatones that has published 19,928 articles to date about open water swimming events, people, equipment, trends, data or commentary. The Daily News was previously named 10Kswim.com and is sponsored by the World Open Water Swimming Association.
To educate, entertain, and enthuse those who venture beyond the shore.
- The Daily News is one of the leading publications in the open water swimming world, the blog covers beach swims, solo swims, relays of all types and distances, marathon swims, charity swims, circumnavigations, professional marathon swims, stage swims, polls, surveys, eco-swims, camps, clinics, conferences, tours, FINA 10K Marathon Swimming World Cup circuit, FINA Open Water Swimming Grand Prix circuit and the Olympic 10K Marathon Swim on five continents and hundreds of countries. Nearly 20,000 articles since 2005 have been written about solo swims, pro races, relays, charity events, eco-swims, stage swims, marathon swims, channel swims, transoceanic swims, trends, products, services, personalities, coaches, governing bodies, rules, demographics, books, films, blogs, conferences, camps, clinics, exploits and happenings in oceans, seas, lakes, rivers, dams, canals, channels, fjords, estuaries, lochs, coves, firths, straits, bays, harbors, and around/between islands.
- The Daily News covers the sport of open water swimming as an online blog. It publishes news reports, race results, trends, reports, demographic data, insights from personalities of the sport, and photos, videos and quotes from open water swimmers of all ages, abilities and backgrounds.
Its motto is no lanes, no lines, no walls.
Its editor has been observing, analyzing, studying, data mining, commentating and writing about the global open water community since 1978 initially for Swimming World Magazine and other aquatic publications. Contributors have also come Spain, Italy, England, Ireland, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Cayman Islands, Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, Panama, Patagonia, Russia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Dominican Republic, Turks & Caicos, Bermuda, Canada, Tunisia, Iran, Iraq, Dubai, Oman, Brazil, Chile and the United States.
Publisher and Editor-in-Chief
Steven Munatones is the Huntington Beach, California (USA)-based publisher of The Daily News of Open Water Swimming. He has been observing, analyzing, studying, data mining, commentating and writing about the global open water community since 1978.
- Lexie Kelly
- Nuala Moore
- Brian Suddeth
- Brenton Williams
- a host of guest writers and contributors from dozens of countries
- USA Triathlon Fatality Incidents Study Released
- Shared Responsibility In The Triathlon World
- A Reasonable And Realistic Path Forward By USA Triathlon
- The Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- The Most Popular Daily News of Open Water Swimming Articles
- Open Water Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association