Cynthia or CJ Lewis is an American masters world record holder (100m breaststroke in 1:10.64 for 35-39 female age-group), national record holder (50y, 100y, 200y breaststroke, 50m, 100m, 200m breaststroke) and open water swimmer from La Jolla, California.
Lewis, professionally works as a Librarian for Ashford University and is an Information Architecture/Web Design Consultant. She is a member of the WindnSea Masters Swim Team and has achieved 93 individual and 40 relay Top Ten swims with U.S. Masters swimming. She has also received 11 All American Honors, 4 All-Star Honors and hold 5 current U.S. Masters Swimming records and 1 world masters world record.
Open Water Swimming Career
- In 2012, she was the top woman in the Naples Island Three Mile Open Water Swim
- In 2012, she was the top women at the Corona Del Mar Don Burns One Mile Swim
- In 2011, she won her age division at the Seal Beach Rough Water Swim
- In 2011, she won her age division at the San Clemente Ocean Festival
- In 2011, she won her age division at the La Jolla Rough Water Swim
- In 2011, she won her age division at the Waikiki Roughwater Swim.
Videos in the Ocean
Lewis demonstrates ocean and pool swimming techniques:
Pool Swimming Videos