Triple Crown of Lake Monster Swims
noun - The Triple Crown of Lake Monster Swims (the cryptozoological Triple Crown) is a trio of marathon swims held in lakes renown by cryptozoological creatures (lake monsters): Loch Ness (with Nessie or the Loch Ness Monster), Lake Tahoe (with Tessie or Tahoe Tessie), and Lake Memphremagog (with Memphre).
- The cryptozoological Loch Ness Monster, also known affectionately as Nessie, is a mythical creature supposedly living in Loch Ness, a large, deep, freshwater 37-kilometer (23-mile) loch in the Scottish Highlands.
- Tahoe Tessie is a cryptozoological creature which supposedly resides in Lake Tahoe, an alpine lake located in Nevada and California in the United States.
- Memphré is a reptile-like lake monster that is said to live in the murky Lake Memphremagog that borders Québec in Canada and the state of Vermont in the United States of America.
- Slimebo is a large slug-like creature 12-20 feet long that usually appears at dusk or dark in Lake Cane, Orlando, Florida.
- Afanc is in Wales
- Amabie (アマビエ) is in Japan
- Taniwha is in New Zealand
- Pelorus Jack
- Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming includes the English Channel (England-France, Catalina Channel (Catalina Island-California mainland), and Manhattan Island Marathon Swim (New York City)
- Triple Crown of Prison Island Swims, otherwise known as Triple Break, is a trio of ocean swims where swimmers escape by swimming from at least 3 of the world's most well-known island prison swims: Le Château d’If, Fort Boyard, Devil's Island, Île de Gorée, Robben Island, Alcatraz Island, Spike Island, Rottnest Island, and Sainte-Marguerite.
- Triple Crown of Lake Monster Swims includes Lake Monster Swims across Loch Ness (Scotland), Lake Tahoe (California-Nevada, USA), and Lake Memphremagog (USA-Canada)
- Sarah Thomas (USA) and Craig Lenning (USA) were the first two swimmers to complete the Triple Crown of Lake Monster Swims, with the successful completion of their Loch Ness swims on 22 August 2015.
- Elaine Howley (USA) became the third swimmer to complete the Triple Crown of Lake Monster Swims when she completed her Lake Tahoe crossing in July 2016.
- Pat Gallant-Charette (USA) became the fourth swimmer to complete the Triple Crown of Lake Monster Swims when she completed her Lake Memphremagog crossing on 1 August 2019.
Swimmers with two of three swims completed:
- Pat Gallant-Charette Sets Another World Record
- Pat Gallant-Charette and Jamie Tout Appreciate the Beauty and Challenge of the Open Water
- The Magic of Three: Triple Crown Swims
- Pat Gallant-Charette’s Triple Crown of Lake Monster Swims
- The Triple Crown Of Lake Monster Swims
- Swim Through The Night To Become A Knight
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Starkly Courageous Across Bear Lake
- In Search Of Nessie Succeeds Without Sightings
- Shipp Fits The Bill: NEKOWSA Swimmer Of The Year
- Craig Dietz Is 2016 NEKOWSA Swimmer of the Year
- Open Water Swimming
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- Sarah Thomas Honored By The Hall Of Fame
- So Close - Pat Gallant-Charette Is Still Moving Forward