He is the Director of Communications and Public Relations for WorldSkills Abu Dhabi 2017 and previously reported for the BBC from more than 20 countries on four continents covering some of the defining stories of that era including five conflicts. He also presents a nightly TV news bulletin in Abu Dhabi, as well as run communications for an international tribunal in The Hague.
Open Water Swimming Career
- On 27 February 2016, he finished 252nd in the 19.7 km Rottnest Channel Swim in Western Australia in 8 hours 17 minutes 11 seconds at the age of 42.
- On 6 August 2017, he finished 56th in the 14 km Thames Marathon in the UK in 4 hours 55 minutes 11 seconds.
- he participated in a 3-man English Channel relay in 2016
- he participated in a 5-man English Channel relay in 2014.
- he is an English Channel aspirant
- On 25 August 2018, he finished 15th in the 45.9 km 20 Bridges Manhattan Island Swim in New York in 10 hours 18 minutes 56 seconds at the age of 45.