Crippen Cup 10k Marathon Invitational
The Crippen Cup 10k Marathon Invitational (also called the Crippen Cup Open Water Marathon and the Crippen Cup or the Crippen 10K Cup) is a professional marathon swim held on 12 April 2014 in Fort Myers, Florida in memory of Fran Crippen. The inaugural professional marathon swim will offer US$10,000 in prize money and is part of the Open Water Swimming Festival.
The event organizers offer training, accommodation and transportation starting on 6 April to help elite athletes and their coaches who plan on coming to this event following the FINA 10K Marathon Swimming World Cup event that will be held in Mexico on 5 April 2014.
The 10 km race will be held at the Miromar Lakes Beach and Golf Club.
American swimmers who have qualified for the 2014 USA Swimming National Open Water Swimming Championships will be invited. Additional entries may be granted if space is available at the discretion of race director Gregg Cross. Foreign athletes will be invited if they meet the following criteria.
1. Finish in the Top 25 in a FINA World Championships 2. Finish in the Top 25 in a FINA 10K Marathon Swimming World Cup event 3. Certify that he/she completed a 10 km marathon swim in under 2 hours 15 minutes
Cost and Registration
The cost is US$45 and the entry deadline is 1 March 2014. The organizers will provide transportation to and from Miami International Airport on 6 April and 13 April only. Additional information and entry forms will be made available by 31 January 2014.
- Memorials & Monuments Of Open Water Swimming Greats
- The New Crippen Cup 10k Marathon Invitational
- Crippen Cup Competition
- Ashley Twichell Wins Inaugural Crippen Cup
- A Day In The Life Of Alex Meyer
- Olympian Duel In Fort Myers
- Fran Was My Friend
- Making A Splash At The Crippen Cup
- Remembering Great Open Water Swimmers
- David Yudovin's New Memorial - And Other Landmarks