- As a youngster, Malpass competed at an international level for both Great Britain and for England.
- As a Masters swimmer, he has consistently achieved top ten world rankings in several strokes and distances over the past five years.
- Malpass holds several records and titles within the United Kingdom, including the arduous Champion of Champions race held in Dover, which he has won for two years.
- He has designed and implemented swim fitness programs for triathlon clubs, sports clubs and for individual athletes.
- He coaches for ucanswim where he conducts open water swimming sessions and stroke technique sessions with a flume.
- He coaches at the 2018 BLDSA Distance Weekend.
- He finished 4th in the 2020-2021 Global Swim Series in the Male Wetsuit Division.