Chris Geer is an open water swimmer from California.
Open Water Swimming Highlights
- He was a member of the Dawn Patrol with Scott Meyer, Pete Cassiano, Matt Hanson, Steve Schlom, Michael Bergkvist, and Shawn Oatey. The Dawn Patrol trains at the Long Beach Yacht Club pool, outside the Seal Beach Pier with the Seal Beach Sea Monkeys, and in the inner bay at Belmont Shore.
- He created Channel Twenty-One, a vintage collection of swimming photography, and successfully crossed the Catalina Channel in 2012 in 9 hours 56 minutes under the auspices of the Catalina Channel Swimming Federation.
- He served as a crew member of a 32.3 km tandem relay crossing of the Catalina Channel from Santa Catalina Island to the Southern California mainland on 21-22 September 2019 in 9 hours 55 minutes.
Recent Open Water Swimming Accomplishments
- Naples Island Swim
- Seal Beach Rough water Swim
- Huntington Beach Pier Swim
- Dwight Crum Pier-To-Pier Swim
- Alcatraz Sharkfest Swim
- Alcatraz South End Rowing Club Swim
- 2010 Dawn Patrol Relay for Charity (Catalina Channel-Non Sanctioned)
- 2011 Catalina Channel Swim (Non Sanctioned)
- 2012 Catalina Channel Swim
- Michele Daschbach Fast Memorial Ocean Swim
- Channel Twenty One
- Chris Geer Facebook Page
- The Colors Of Catalina Crossings
- Teamwork Makes The Dream Work: Neptune & Poseidon
- Chris Geer Commemorates Channel Champions
- A Celebration Of Catalina Channel Champions
- George Young Day
- George Young Voted In International Swimming Hall Of Fame
- George Young In 1924
- Return to the Black Velvet Under Bright Planets
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Hank Wise Back With Fox Across Catalina Again
- A Wise Man's Approach To Crossing Catalina
- Catalina Channel Swimming Federation
- Will Hank Wise Go Six For Six?
- 006, A Wise Man
- Open Water Swimming
- Marathon Swimming
- Catalina Channel Crossing 006