Charmian Frend is a 51-year-old Australian open water swimmer and coach.
Open Water Swimming Highlights
- Along with Vlad Mravec of Vladswim, she has enjoyed a 100% success rate of its aspirants and team members who attempted a crossing of the English Channel in 2012. Frend coaches swimmers Tara Diversi, James Arnold, Wayne Arthur. Stuart Johnson, Wyatt Song, Lochie Hinds, Denise Elder, Alistair Newmarch and Marty Filipowski at Balmoral Beach.
- She is the Copy Editor and writer for Swim Mate, an open water swimming magazine published by Vlad Mravec of Vladswim.
- On 20 August 2020 in Thredbo pondage, NSW, Australia in 3.90°C water and -1.30°C air, completed an Ice Mile in 35 minutes 57 seconds.
- On 23 August 2020 in Lake Crackenback, NSW, Australia in 4.07°C water and 4.80°C air, completed an Ice Mile (1.25 miles) in 37 minutes 4 seconds.
- She is an Honouree in the Class of 2020/2021 of the Australian Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame.
- 12 Additional Honorees Named By Australian Marathon Swimming Hall Of Fame
- Breaking Distance In The Ice
- How Cold Can Cold Get?
- Paul Georgescu Sets Another World Record
- International Ice Swimming Association bio
- Ocean Swim Safaris
- Ocean Swims
- Swim Mate Magazine
- Open Water Swimming
- Marathon Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association