Cathy Harrington is a 66-year-old American open water swimmer from Danville, California.
Open Water Swimming Career Highlights
- Between 25-28 April 2018, she attempted all four stage swims of the SCAR Swim Challenge in Arizona (9.5-mile or 15.2 km Saguaro Lake + 9-mile or 14.4 km Canyon Lake + 16-mile or 26.4 km Apache Lake + 6.2-mile or 10 km Roosevelt Lake), finishing two of them.
- She participated in the San Fran Ma’ams, a relay that pioneered a circumnavigation swim around Anacapa Island, sanctioned by the Santa Barbara Channel Swimming Association, in 6 hours 24 minutes on 18 August 2018 with Meg Omainsky and Alice Ma.
- On 24 August, she finished 41st overall in the 15.2 km Saguaro Lake stage swim of the 4-day SCAR Swim Challenge in Arizona in 6:08:32.0.
- On 25 August, she finished 38th in the 14.4 km Canyon Lake stage swim of the 4-day SCAR Swim Challenge in Arizona in 5:46:06.5.
- On 26 April 2019, she finished 37th in the 27.3 km stage across Apache Lake on Day 3 of the 4-day S.C.A.R. Swim Challenge in Arizona in 11:18:27.36 at the age of 62.
- On 26-27 May 2019, she served as an observer of the Five Bridges Swim by Ken Mignosa in San Francisco Bay.
- On 26-29 April 2022, she will compete in the SCAR Swim, a 4-day stage swim in Arizona.
- She served as the escort kayaker for Michael Reilly who pioneered the first documented 19.5 km crossing of the Carquinez Strait from Roe Island to Mare Island in 3 hours 51 minutes 52 seconds in 59°F at the age of 39 on 17 April 2021. His swim was piloted by Tom Linthicum with John Grunstad as his observer.
- Between 26-29 April 2023, she will compete in the SCAR Swim Challenge in Arizona at the age of 66.
- Stephen Key Forges An Iron Mask Swimmer
- Taking KAATSU To The Extreme - WOWSA
- Taking KAATSU To The Extreme - KAATSU blog
- SCAR Swim: A Logistical Nightmare Is A Dream Come True
- SCAR Swim: Day 4 Across Roosevelt Lake
- SCAR Swim: Day 3 on Apache Lake
- SCAR Swim – T Minus 1
- SCAR Swim – T Minus 2
- Shannon Keegan Talks With SCAR Swimmers
- 2022 SCAR Swim Psych Sheets Posted
- Steve Sutton's Pool at Zuma Beach
- Michael Rice to Defend His SCAR Title Against Some Fast, Fast People in Arizona
- The History of Swimming 4 Long Days In SCAR
- Michael Rice, Ned Denison Discuss The SCAR Swim Challenge On WOWSA Live
- Lake Monster Gives Water Temps Across USA
- Jamie Tout DEFCON Training
- S.C.A.R. Swim Challenge
- Open Water Swimming
- Cathy Harrington Facebook page
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- 24 Hours Of Swimming In 4 Minutes
- 24 Hour Swim Relay In San Francisco
- The Relative Consistency Of Swimming Around The Clock
- 80 Swimmers From 9 To 9
- Stefan Reinke Outduels Serbo Simeoni On SCAR Day 1
- S.C.A.R. Is Like Night And Day
- Jamie Ann Phillips Forges Into Lead In Apache Lake
- Reinke Hangs On, Jamie Ann Phillips Swimming Strong
- As Night Falls, So Does Men's Record. Jamie Ann Phillips Leads Way With Stefan Reinke
- Celebrating Swimmers Of The Santa Barbara Channel
- Jessica Kieras Wins Day 2 Of S.C.A.R. Swim Challenge
- Fast Flyer Freestyles, Finishes First