Carl Hyde was an American open water swimmer from Torrance, California.
Open Water Swimming Highlights
On 15 January 1927, he entered the Wrigley Ocean Marathon Swim across the Catalina Channel from Isthmus Cove on Santa Catalina Island to San Pedro on the Southern California mainland, but did not finish.
- Racing For Half A Million Dollars Across The Catalina Channel
- Swimmers on the shore before the start of the Wrigley Ocean Marathon at Isthmus Cove, Santa Catalina Island, 1927
- Wrigley Ocean Marathon 12 January 1927 The Catalina Island
- Catalina Channel Swimming Federation
- Marathon Swimming
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming