Cae Tolman is a 44-year-old Welshman and Australian open water swimmer who lives in Sydney.
Open Water Swimming Career
- In 2012, he completed the 10 km Balmoral Ocean Swim in Australia in 2 hours 58 minutes 38 seconds.
- On 20 January 2013, he was part of a pod of solo swimmers who successfully swam 13.3 km from Manly Beach to Bondi Beach in Sydney, Australia in 5 hours 30 minutes. The group of 10 swimmers, 5 kayakers and an escort boat crew included Anna Torok and Helen Conway swam with kayaker Millie Joseph. Alex Prendergast and organiser Miles Tollan swam with kayaker Collie Kinsela. Cae Tolman and English Channel veteran Iain McGregor swam with kayaker Gaétan Guilhon. Michael Teys and Sabine Homrighausen swam with kayaker Luke Teys. Todd McLaren and Andrew Lovett swam with kayaker Ian Paul. The escort boat crew included James Goins, Nicole Piha and Alison Annett.
- On 23 February 2013, he completed the 19.7 km Rottnest Channel Swim in 6 hours 51 minutes 55 seconds at the age of 39.
- On 22 February 2014, he completed the 19.7 km Rottnest Channel Swim in 6 hours 25 minutes 18 seconds at the age of 40.
- On 2 July 2014, he completed a crossing of the English Channel from England to France in 13 hours 9 minutes at the age of 41.
- In 2015, he completed a 10 km Balmoral Ocean Swim in Australia in 2 hours 55 minutes 17 seconds.
- On 17 December 2016, he completed the 10 km Balmoral Ocean Swim in Australia in 3 hours 4 minutes 53 seconds at the age of 43.
- On 25 February 2017, he completed the 19.7 km Rottnest Channel Swim in 7 hours 39 minutes 19 seconds at the age of 43.
- On 8-9 April 2017, he attempted to swim across the Molokai Channel, but stopped after 17 hours fighting against an oncoming 2-3 mph current.
- On 23 July 2017, he finished eighth in the 45.8 km 20 Bridges Manhattan Island Swim in New York City in 7 hours 40 minutes 45 seconds at the age of 44.
- Cae Tolman
- Cae Tolman Marathon Swimmers Federation bio
- iSwimtoo chart and course
- Doing The Unprecedented From Manly To Bondi
- New York Open Water
- New York Open Water Facebook page
- Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming
- FLASH! Swimming Around Manhattan Island Is On
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- The Mighty Kaiwi Channel Proves Tough
- Challenging Channel Crossings With Michael Twigg-Smith
- Marathon Swimmers Federation bio
- Summertime Successes, Victories With Vladswim
- Michael Twigg-Smith On Molokai Channel Crossings