William Forest “Buck" Dawson was the executive director of the International Swimming Hall of Fame. He made major efforts to include open water swimming as integral part of the International Swimming Hall of Fame through displays and written materials maintained in the museum's library. Buck, known as the nickname “Mr. Swimming Hall of Fame”, supported the AAU and United States Swimming Long Distance Swimming Programs. Buck wrote the Hall’s charter and helped grow the Hall from an idea to a shoebox collection and, ultimately, a million dollar operation as the world’s showcase and archives of swimming.
Open Water Swimming
- Buck was inducted as an Honor Administrator in the International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame in 1993.
- Buck was the 1983 recipient of the Glen S. Hummer Award recipient, an award given to the individual who makes the greatest contribution to the open water swimming in the United States.
- Buck was one of the original selectors of the Marathon Swimming Foundation and the Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame in 1971 together with Commander Gerald Forsberg of England and Joe Grossman of the World Professional Marathon Swimming Federation.
- As Camp Director of the Matt Mann Camps in Canada, Buck Supported the AAU and USS Long Distance Swimming Programs by entering and winning numerous National Championships. The camps served as training camps for the USS Open Water National Teams and individuals training for English Channel and other marathon swimming endeavors.
- He received the Irving Davids-Captain Roger Wheeler Memorial Award from the International Swimming Hall of Fame in 1972.
- The Legacy Of Dale Petranech
- Colin Hill Honored By The International Swimming Hall of Fame
- Marty Sinn Talks About The Joy Of Swimming On WOWSA Live
- Old-School Canadian Professional Race Posters
- Crème de la Crème Of The Open Water World
- Luminaries And Inductees At IMSHOF Festivities
- Honoring The Legacies Of Irving Davids, Roger Wheeler
- Time To Reflect By IMSHOF Chairman Chris Guesdon
- Open Water Swimming Dual Inductees And Dual Honorees
- Glen S Hummer Award Renamed By USA Swimming
- International Marathon Swimming Hall Of Fame Origins
- World Professional Marathon Swimming Federation History
- International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame
- Open Water Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- WPMSF Led To IMSHOF
- World Professional Marathon Swimming Federation
- Marathon Swimming
- Open Water Swimming
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- The World Professional Marathon Swimming Federation
- A Giant Of The Sport, Joe Grossman
- World Professional Marathon Swimming Federation website