Bruno Baumgartner is a Swiss open water swimmer.
Open Water Swimming Career
- On 19 June 2011, he crossed the 14.4 km Strait of Gibraltar from Spain to Morocco in 4 hours 1 minute at the age of 42.
- On 11 August 2011, he completed the 26.4 km Lake Zurich Marathon Swim in 8 hours 8 minutes 25 seconds at the age of 42.
- On 29 August 2012, he crossed the 19 km Beltquerung (Fehmarn Belt) between Germany and Denmark in 4 hours 53 minutes at the age of 43. He broke the record previously held by Christof Wandratsch in 5 hours 11 minutes.
- On 5 August 2012, he completed the 26.4 km Lake Zurich Marathon Swim in Switzerland in 7 hours 33 minutes 45 seconds at the age of 43.
- On 30 August 2013, he crossed 68.06 km lengthwise across the Bodensee from Germany to Austria in 24 hours 20 minutes at the age of 44 to become a member of the 24-hour club in 19°C water.
- Bruno Baumgartner
- Fehmarn Belt
- Bruno Baumgartner Busts Fehmarn Belt Record
- Video of Bruno Baumgartner Across the Fehmarn Belt
- Video of Bruno Baumgartner
- Video of Bruno Baumgartner On Training
- Video of Bruno Baumgartner on Cold Water Acclimatization
- Video of Bruno Baumgartner on Open Water Swimming Safety
- Video of Bruno Baumgartner On Nutrition
- Video of Bruno Baumgartner On Obstacles in the Open Water
- Video Interview of Bruno Baumgartner
- Christof Wandratsch Heading Back Across The Bodensee
- Christof Wandratsch, King Of The Bodensee
- Detailed Documentation Across The Bodensee
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Updated 24-Hour Club
- 24-hour Club…Swimming All Day And Night
- Swimming For More Than 24 Hours