Body Glove is a surf/dive/wake/outdoor water sports brand started in the United States by twin brothers Bob Meistrell and Bill Meistrell in 1953. The brothers are often credited for inventing the first practical wetsuit in the early 1950]s in the back of their Redondo Beach, California surf shop, Dive N' Surf.
From those wetsuits, Body Glove branched out into other product categories: they now make wetsuits, swimsuits, clothing, shoes, life vests, sunglasses, wakeboards, towables, backpacks, phone cases, snorkeling equipment, water shoes, clothing, and rash guards.
- Twins Establish A Global Legacy In Redondo Beach That Extends Around The World
- Body Glove website
- Dive N' Surf
- Bob Meistrell dies at 84; co-founder of surfwear firm Body Glove
- ob Meistrell, Who Revolutionized Wet Suits, Dies at 84
- Octogenarian Entrepreneur: Seven Lessons From Body Glove Founder Bob Meistrell
- Body Glove co-founder Bob Meistrell dies during paddleboard race
- Bill Meistrell, a Pioneer of Wet Suits, Dies at 77
- Redondo Beach Top 10 of 2014