Bobby Patten is an American pool and open water swimmer from Colorado.
- He was a High School All American and was a five-time NCAA division I All American swimmer.
- He qualified for USA Swimming Senior National Championships in 1980 and swam in the 1980 USA Olympic Trials.
Patten attended Littleton High School and swam for coach Stringy Ervin.
- He represented the United States at the 1982 FINA World Championships.
- In 1983, he swam the butterfly on the NCAA Championship relay, which set the American and US Open record.
- He represented the USA at the Pan Pacific Swimming Championships in 1987.
- He coaches masters swimmers at The Lone Star Masters Swim club founded by 1976 Olympian Jim Montgomery.
- In 1999, Montgomery and Patten became business partners and formed the Dallas Aquatic Masters or DAM and the Maximum Damage.
- As a masters swimmer, he has set numerous world and national records in the 200 butterfly, the 400, 800, and 1500 freestyle.
- He won the 1991 Waikiki Roughwater Swim, the Alcatraz Sharkfest Swim, and the Lake Minnetonka 5-mile Open Water National Championship Swim.
- He was named United States Masters Swimming Coach of the Year in 2010.
Patten lives in Dallas with his daughter Kaari.
- He won the 10K national open water swimming championship.
- He has participated in numerous relays at the Lake Travis Relay in Texas and Maui Channel Swim in Hawaii.
Dallas Aquatic Masters
DAM or the Dallas Aquatic Masters is one of the largest masters swimming teams in the world. Co-founded and co-owned by Bobby Patten and Olympic champion Jim Montgomery, it is a year-round adult swimming team geared towards swimming in the pool and open bodies of water for fitness, fun and competition. DAM offers expertly designed adult group swim programs and adult private lessons to suit the needs of adults of all ages, abilities, and backgrounds.
- Dealing Maximum Damage To SwimStrong
- U.S. Masters Swimming SWIMMER Magazine
- U.S. Masters Swimming Fan Page
- U.S. Masters Swimming
- Open Water Swimming
- DAM, They Know How To Travel And Swim
- The Origins Of The Hour Postal Swim
- Lake Travis Relay Adds First Responder Category
- All-time Winners of the Waikiki Roughwater Swim
- Racing Across Waikiki Beach Time After Time
- Waikiki Roughwater Swim
- World Open Water Series
- World Open Water Swimming Association