Bob Burrow is an American open water swimmer from South Weston, Massachusetts.
Open Water Swimming Career Highlights
- He was a member of the English Channel relay Four Buoys and a Girl. Four Buoys and a Girl consisted of Rip Reeves, Bob Burrow, Timothy Lovett, Alexa Stanco and Trevor Stanco who raised money for Swim Across America and was coached by Chloë McCardel.
- On 4 June 2011, he completed the 20.1 km Swim Around Key West in Florida in 5 hours 9 minutes 11 seconds at the age of 48.
- On 10 August 2013, he completed the 12.9 km Boston Light Swim in Massachusetts in 3 hours 39 minutes 27 seconds at the age of 50.
- On 12 April 2015, he completed the 11.2 km Swim Around Lido Key in Florida in 3 hours 6 minutes 3 seconds at the age of 52.
- On 13 June 2016, he completed a 14.4 km crossing of the Strait of Gibraltar from Spain to Morocco in 4 hours 21 minutes at the age of 53.
- On 14 November 2016, he completed the 19.6 km Santa Barbara Channel in California from Anacapa Island to the California mainland in 6 hours 50 minutes 20 seconds at the age of 53.
- In 2017, he completed a crossing of the English Channel from England to France in 10 hours 51 minutes to complete two Oceans Seven channels. He received the Robert Lyle Memorial Trophy for the Fastest American Swimmer in 2017 from the Channel Swimming Association.
- On 1 September 2021, he completed a 32.3 km crossing of the Catalina Channel from Santa Catalina Island to the Southern California mainland in 10 hours 49 minutes to achieve the Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming with his wife Shannon, son Ryan, Dan Simonelli and Barbara Schumacher.
- Cargo Clogs Catalina Creating Chaos - But Catalina Channel Crossings Continue
- Channel Swim Coaching
- Chloë Cleared, Coaching To Continue
- Be A Trooper, A Century Of Open Water Swimming History
- Olympic Marathon Swims For Amateurs Of All Abilities
- List of Marathon Swims
- Open Water Swimming
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame
- Marathon Swimming
- What Is A Marathon Swim?
- Do Marathon Runs Compare To Marathon Swims?
- Longest Marathon Swims In The World
- What is The Defined Distance Of A Marathon Swim?
- How Many Channel Swimmers Are There In The World?
- A Short List of Marathon Swims
- If You Swim With Ease
- Marathon Swimmers Federation bio