The Bimini Swim is a marathon swim from North Bimini Island in the Bahamas, to Juno Beach on the east coast of Florida, U.S.A.
Attempts and Successful Swims
- Diana Nyad completed this solo swim in 27 hours 30 minutes on 21-22 August 1979 at the age of 30.
- Stella Taylor attempted a solo swim and was pulled after 51 hours 0 minutes on 4 October 1978, her second attempt done at the age of 46. Taylor ultimately did 4 attempts.
- Stella Taylor Fails In Swim To Florida
- Bahamas To Florida, Stella Taylor Plunges in Bahamas to Florida
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Olympic 10K Marathon Swim round-up
- Marathon Swimming
- Olympic 10K Marathon Swim
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- I Got Stung
- World Marathon Swimming Association
- 376 Marathon Swims Around The World