Big Bay Events
Freedom Swim Series:
- Human Rights Day Swim on 21 March
- Freedom Day Swim on 21 April 2018
- Youth Day Swim on 16 June
- Women's Day Swim on 9 August
- Heritage Day Swim on 24 September
- Reconciliation Day Swim on 16 December
Big Bay Events Swims:
- Around the Rocks: The oldest organized ocean swim in Cape Town. The swim distance is around 2500m swimming around the Big Bay rock islands with the swell size determining the exact distance of the route. Average water temperature between 12 and 15°C.
- Atlantic Dash: 5 km ocean swim from Clifton 4th beach to 3 Anchor Bay in Cape Town. The swim starts in the relatively sheltered waters of 4th Beach Clifton and follows the shoreline past Bantry Bay and Sea Point finishing at 3 Anchor Bay that offers stunning views of Table Mountain while allowing spectators the opportunity to follow the race from the roadway.
- Shipwreck Swim: The ship wreck of the Seli 1, a Turkish bulk carrier, in 2009 inspired a new swim route, starting on the beach in Bloubergstrand, swimming around the wreck and heading north until you pass the rocks separating Small and Big Bay and turn towards the finish in front of the Lifesaving Club. Generally a cold swim around 13°C, but relatively fast with the prevailing current.
- Lighthouse Swim (Lighthouse To Big Bay Swim): An extreme swim of 10.5 km starting at the Milnerton Lighthouse and heading north to Big Bay. Swim follows the prevailing current, but the cold Atlantic waters makes this a swim for experienced swimmers. A relay option allows the opportunity for less experienced swimmers to participate.
- Benguela Cove: Protected swim in the stunning Bot River lagoon. Select between the 800m, 1600m or 4800m courses and enjoy a light meal and wine tasting at the clubhouse overlooking the swim course.
Free Spirit Run-Swim-Run
- Ryan Stramrood Asks Everyone To Make A Difference
- Ryan Stramrood, Ned Denison Talk About Swimming False Bay With Great White Sharks On WOWSA Live
- Ryan Stramrood Is True To False Bay
- Quartet Of Queens Across False Bay In South Africa
- Big Bay Events
- Freedom Swim Series Facebook page
- South Africa Summer Start With Reconciliation Day Swim
- Human Rights Day Swim Registration Open
- Women In The Water
- 2016 Langebaan Swim Camp In South Africa
- 2017 Barker Rock Swim
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Big Bay Events
- Nico Manoussakis, Jessika Steyn Win Freedom Swim
- Open Water Swimming
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming