Bethany Williston is a U.S. Masters Swimming athlete and coach from Bridgewater, Massachusetts on a 6-person relay across the English Channel in order to raise money for the treatment of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), also known as Lou Gehrig's Disease. The former Yale University swimmer has raised US$75,000 to date together with Jenny Sutton Jalet, Emily Kreger, Susan Butcher, Amanda Mercer and Melissa Karjala.
The Team set a new World Record for a six-woman relay team two-way crossing. The team's time of 18 hours and 55 minutes, bested the previous time by 4 minutes by a team from Mexico.
Donations to support ALS research can be mailed to Ann Arbor Active against ALS - 2020 Shadford Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48104.
- Six Michigan women to swim English Channel to fight ALS
- Channel for ALS
- Swimmers take on English Channel for a cause
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Olympic 10K Marathon Swim round-up
- Marathon Swimming
- Olympic 10K Marathon Swim
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- I Got Stung
- World Marathon Swimming Association