(Redirected from Benten Cape)
Kodomari (小泊村) is a village located in Kitatsugaru District in western Aomori Prefecture, Japan where many Tsugaru Channel swimmers start on their channel swims on Kodomari Cape (Benten-zaki or Benten Cape or 弁天崎 in Japanese), with the goal to finish on Hokkaido at Shirakami Misaki.
Kodomari is located in far northwest corner of Tsugaru Peninsula facing the Sea of Japan and Tsugaru Channel. Kodomari has an estimated population of 4,000.
The Kodomari Route is one of two channel crossing routes used by swimmers. It starts at Kodomari Benten Cape and finishes at Shirakami Misaki on Hokkaido.
- Tsugaru Channel Swimming Association
- Successful Swimming Strategies In The Far East
- Working Out At Night, Acclimatization In Bed
- Team Ocean-navi Sets Relay Record Across The Tsugaru Channel
- Marathon Swimming
- Open Water Swimming
- 2013 World Open Water Swimming Offering Of The Year Nominees
- Masayuki Moriya Navigating The Pacific With Ocean-navi
- Free Wi-Fi In Japan For Foreign Swimmers
- Free Wi-Fi In Japan For Foreign Swimmers And Crew
- Safeguarding Swims With The Japan Coast Guard
- Open Water Swimming Preparations For Tsugaru Channel
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Kenichi Completes A Crossing: Success For Setsumasa
- Antonio Argüelles Misses The Cape, But Reaches Hokkaido
- Tsugaru Channel Crossings - Channel Aspirant Information
- Will Cameron Bellamy Become #11?
- Cameron Bellamy Closing In On Oceans Seven
- Nathalie Pohl Survives, Swims And Smiles Across Tsugaru Channel
- Kieron Palframan Successfully Crosses Tsugaru Channel