Ben Pitterle is head of Element 8 Productions, an independent documentary film production company. He filmed, edited and produced DRIVEN, a documentary film about marathon swimming, together with Brian Hall.
Pitterle is the Director, Writer and Producer of DRIVEN. Inspired by a love of documentary films and an experience participating in a near disastrous marathon swim in 2007, his vision is to create a film that resonates with marathon swimmers and the general public alike. In his real-life, Pitterle is an avid ocean enthusiast and a program director for non-profit organization devoted to protecting water quality and ocean habitat.
Described as "Without wetsuits, in the dead of night, three swimmers braved the cold open-ocean to realize a dream...", the community can assist by contributing towards post-production through Indiegogo.
- Evan Morrison Honored by the International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame
- Movie Night Before The La Jolla Cove Swim
- DRIVEN: A glimpse into the world of marathon swimming
- DRIVEN, the movie
- Element 8 Productions
- Are You DRIVEN?
- Facebook page for DRIVEN
- Element 8 Productions Twitter
- Driven - The Marathon Swimming Documentary To Premier
- Driven Over Long Distances
- Dreamers Are Driven
- Catching The Essence Of Marathon Swimming
- Driven To The Santa Barbara International Film Festival
- From California To Cork, These Swimmers Are DRIVEN
- High Fives All Around For DRIVEN
- Driven Featured In Montana
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Marathon Swimming
- Trio Tandem Completes Anacapa Circumnavigation