adjective - Beamonesque refers to a hard-to-believe, once-in-a-generation, remarkably spectacular athletic exploit.
Sarah Thomas' 66+ hour solo non-stop swim in Lake Champlain was Beamonesque.
Coined after American long jumper Bob Beamon who smashed the long jump world record at the 1968 Mexico City Olympic Games by nearly two feet.
- Reflections on Golden Goggles Awards - Differences between Pool and Open Water Swimmers
- The Year That Boosted Walter Poenisch To (The Hall Of) Fame
- Sarah Thomas En Route To Mightily Raising The Bar
- History's First Current-Neutral 100-Mile Swim
- Swimming Through The Night With Vampires
- Dramatic Data On Sarah Thomas' Century Swim
- Sarah Thomas' Beamonesque Century Swim
- The Rush To Swim Fast By Rostislav Vítek